- Take a walking food tour in Chicago
- Travel back in time to the 1893 World’s Fair
- Tour is led by Chicago’s ‘Gold Coast Queen,’ Bertha Palmer
- Enjoy multiple food tastings, including a frankfurter which debuted in 1893
Departure & Return
Cliff Dwellers Club
What To Expect
Many well-known foods debuted here first. Try several of them while listening to the memories of the great 1893 Columbian Exposition.
Walk to several food tastings — enough for a full lunch. Visit the swanky Cliff Dwellers Club for a food tasting and dessert (including the famous Burnham pie), with an aerial view of Grant Park, Millennium Park, and Lake Michigan.
Also, stop at the Century Room inside the Berghoff for fair favorites like chili con carne and root beer; Chicago’s Pedway—officially known as the Downtown Pedestrian Walkway System—for an exclusive popcorn snack; the 38-story Pittsfield Building for a Chicago-style hot dog, and more.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- This is a walking tour; please be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tastebud Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by The Original 1893 Chicago World's Fair Food Tour.