Top Washington DC Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
As one of America’s most popular tourist destinations, Washington DC has plenty of offerings for families. From monuments and memorials to the Smithsonian Museums at the National Mall, there’s no shortage of things to see. Here are some kid-friendly attractions and tours you won’t want to miss while visiting the nation’s capital.
- Visit the Smithsonian Institution, a collection of free museums including the National Museums of American History, African American History and Culture, and the American Indian; the Museum of Natural History; the Postal Museum; the Air and Space Museum; and the National Zoo.
- Hike the Woodland Trail in Rock Creek Park, a huge urban green space with a nature center for aspiring rangers.
- Explore interactive exhibits at Newseum, a 7-story mecca for budding journalists, photographers, or anyone interested in how the news is delivered.
- Learn about espionage at the International Spy Museum, which features state-of-the-art installations, artifacts, and exhibits on the world’s spies, agents, and intelligence officers.
- Cruise or kayak on the Potomac River and listen to guided narration about the waterfront and its sights, with views of the Washington Monument.
- Visit during the National Cherry Blossom Festival and marvel at the blooms around the Tidal Basin on a bike or Segway tour.
- Book a small-group or private tour, which can be personalized for younger travelers, and have the family pose at photo stops.
- Go sightseeing with a hop-on hop-off tour and travel around Washington DC at your own pace.
No results found!
0 results | All Washington DC Tours
Sort by: Featured
- U.S. Air Force Memorial
- Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America
- National Children's Museum
- National Academy of Sciences
- Penn Quarter
- FBI Headquarters
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- West Potomac Park
- St. John’s Church
- Georgetown University
- Renwick Gallery
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- Petersen House
- National Mall
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial
- National Gallery of Art
- Library of Congress
- National Theatre
- Nationals Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts